Growing Oregon’s Economy
Oregon needs targeted investments to compete in the world economy.
- Make Oregon a leader in the emerging green economy and combat climate change by investing in public transit, energy-efficient buildings, sustainable natural resources, agriculture, and renewable energy
- Create living wage jobs by increasing local capital and loan participation to businesses ready to expand in Oregon
- Invest in multi-modal transportation infrastructure, seismic preparedness, affordable housing, public education facilities, and brownfield development
- Increase investment dollars and revenue stability through tax reform
Investing in Our Children
Oregon needs a world-class public education system to prepare our youth for a vibrant future.
- Reverse years of under-funding education at all levels and fully fund the Quality Education Model
- Promote PE, the arts, school nurses and counselors, career technical training, and community service in K-12 schools
- Align early childhood, K-12, and post-secondary systems
- Ensure that education is geared for the 21st century workforce
Promoting Healthy Families & Communities
Oregon needs comprehensive public health, human service, and public safety strategies.
- Promote long term health by increasing access to nutritious foods, exercise, a clean environment, and a livable community
- Reduce domestic, sexual, and gun violence in our communities
- Increase access to affordable housing, public transportation, and vital services for seniors, people with disabilities, and vulnerable populations
- Transform health care delivery by integrating physical, behavioral and oral healthcare
- Make health care more affordable by lowering costs and providing access to health insurance
- Protect civil rights, including for women, LGBTQ+ folks, people of color, and immigrant and refugees